Where The Hell Did My Job Go?

 

Jobserve
cwjobs
This is London
Workthing
Jobstats
The IT Job Board
Total Jobs
Opportunities
JobsGoPublic
Jobseeker Direct

Who's Hiring

 

BBC Onelife Work
MSN Careers
Brainbench

 

Microsoft
BBC
Oracle
Sky
Tesco
Easyjet
Greater London Authority
Orange
Nokia
Reuters(?)
Bloomberg
MOD
Amazon

Word Document Crystal Reports
Word Document Test Analyst
Word Document Technical Writer
 

 

'Make sure you always give yourself time for that afternoon down at the pub'

'It was worth reading even by under employed Americans'

'As one fellow job-seeker to another, hang in there'

'Let me check the spelling for you'

'Is it making money yet?'

 

 

 

 

Taking redundancy personally.

Tuesday, February 18, 2003

Yes, I’ve been spending quality time with the web site. I’ve worked through a backlog of emails of support from visitors. It’s great to have the encouragement of strangers. Thank you.

With the result that I’ve not been job seeking as much as I probably should have. But this investment of time in myself seems so much more valuable than ploughing through countless job sites. There has to be a point at which the amount of time spent job hunting becomes wasted. As they would do in Sex and the City… Am I less likely to find a job by looking?

Each hour spent fruitlessly looking for a suitable vacancy is another hour not spent on developing a new skill to add to my CV. If I’ve not found a job with these skills in the last 3 months, why should it appear today?

As part of the new links from new found bloggers, selected excerpts on the frustration of job seeking courtesy of Jon Baas and Emily Hanson.

If you’re fed up with being rejected by employers then why not reject the economy?