Where The Hell Did My Job Go?

 

Jobserve
cwjobs
This is London
Workthing
Jobstats
The IT Job Board
Total Jobs
Opportunities
JobsGoPublic
Jobseeker Direct

Who's Hiring

 

BBC Onelife Work
MSN Careers
Brainbench

 

Microsoft
BBC
Oracle
Sky
Tesco
Easyjet
Greater London Authority
Orange
Nokia
Reuters(?)
Bloomberg
MOD
Amazon

Word Document Crystal Reports
Word Document Test Analyst
Word Document Technical Writer
 

 

'Make sure you always give yourself time for that afternoon down at the pub'

'It was worth reading even by under employed Americans'

'As one fellow job-seeker to another, hang in there'

'Let me check the spelling for you'

'Is it making money yet?'

 

 

 

 

Taking redundancy personally.

Monday, February 17, 2003

No doubt Ken is regretting not introducing the congestion charge a couple of days earlier to profit from the 1 million people flocking to central London for the war protest. He could have made a bomb! And hidden it. Although he would probably have been caught on one of his 688 cameras. Big Brother is never far away!

Remember that under the Data Protection Act you may request the footage of yourself on any camera you think you may have appeared. (This information courtesy of the now apparently defunct Mark Thomas Product).

A couple of good articles in the Guardian. Been laid off? Don't take it lying down got me thinking about how little Jobseekers Allowance I will receive in comparison to the 6 years of National Insurance payments I have made. I was shocked when the article reminded me that I will only receive JSA for 26 weeks. Paid fortnightly at £107.90 this only comes to £1402.97 when my NI payments have been…. somewhat higher than that (per year!) Licence to skill seems to imply that as I am literate and can communicate I am way ahead of the competition. Unles I red wrong.

And finally, a thank you to the HR Advisor from the Post Office who wrote to me for a second time to re-iterate their non-interest in employing me! There’s nothing quite like a kick when you’re down.